Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35   #1
Guest 13097
Trusted User

John Rambo-Directors Cut and Rambo 5 + 6 news, yes Rambo 5 and 6 :)

Ok alot of Rambo news this month, cool, here we go
http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=13476
Quote:
Good news for Sylvester Stallone and Rambo fans attending this year's edition of The Zurich Film Festival (September 25 . October 5). It was recently revealed that Sly will be at the Fest this year to receive the Golden Icon Award. Moreover, the Fest will pay tribute to Stallone's past achievements via screenings of Copland and some of the Rambo and Rocky movies. But the cherry on top is that Rambo (4) The Director's CUT will screen there in its worldwide premiere.

What the hell is going to be in this directors cut? Exciting, I pretty much thought the threatical cut was the directors cut. I've read Stallone wasn't too pleased with the film being called Rambo on its own, but he prefered John Rambo, actually when I was listening to cinema listings in the UK when the film was originally out, they called out John Rambo, but the advertisments called it just Rambo, in some countaries they used Rambo 4 or John Rambo. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this directors cut premiere, wish I could attend, the blue ray and dvd later would no doubt come.

OK Rambo 5 news:
And Rambo 6

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/

http://www.moviehole.net/200815417-s...ecting-rambo-5

Quote:
Seems Sylvester Stallone doesn’t just have one more Rambo movie left in him – he has two. We were informed this morning that Millennium/Nu-Image wants two more jaunts out of the scarred Vietnam Vet.

The aging action-hero has already written “Rambo 5” – rumoured to be shooting next year in Bulgaria, though set in the United States - and is about to put pen to paper on a sixth installment of the series. Also, the next two films won’t be War films like the original movies (actually, I wouldn’t call “First Blood” a War movie – that was just a good-time thriller) but just straight-up action thrillers. The bandana may make reappearance yet.

Meanwhile, The Hollywood Reporter states that Stallone, who helmed last year’s “Rambo”, will also direct “Rambo 5”. Sounds like Stallone has it written into his contract now that he’s to direct all his movies from now on? And I’m all for it – he did a knock up job on “Rocky Balboa” and “Rambo”.

Last edited by SeanValen; 11-09-2008 at 04:37.
Guest 13097 is offline   Reply With Quote