Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 06-02-2016, 18:08   #61
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
You think it is just a coincidence that we shipped in two goals ( the first one within minutes of a mass walkout organised by a group who are living on another planet when it comes to ideas on ticket prices ). We were coasting until the walkout.

You need to be locked up mate. You are quite obviously unhinged. What is wrong with you?

The walk out had nothing to do with the game.
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:10   #62
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysam View Post
That's fine, can you quote where they've said this please?
There are plenty of posts, on the RAWK thread about the walkout, from people who helped in the organising of it saying both things
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:11   #63
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69 View Post
You need to be locked up mate. You are quite obviously unhinged. What is wrong with you?

The walk out had nothing to do with the game.
It's called a difference of opinion - though it doesn't seem to be too different from Klopp's. Is he unhinged as well?
Old 06-02-2016, 18:13   #64
saltysam
Trusted User

So Sunderland have gained points against us via beach ball and now fans leaving early
saltysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:15   #65
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:
There are plenty of posts, on the RAWK thread about the walkout, from people who helped in the organising of it saying both things
Rawk again....the forum of utter loons....how apt.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:19   #66
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Rawk again....the forum of utter loons....how apt.
The forum that gave today's protest much of it's momentum and has a thread dedicated to the protest with hundreds of posts in it from the people who organised it?? Or does the fact that they mentioned it on RAWK totally mean it is not correct?
Old 06-02-2016, 18:19   #67
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
It's called a difference of opinion - though it doesn't seem to be too different from Klopp's. Is he unhinged as well?

Where is the quote from Klopp about the walkout today?

Seeing as Klopp has just had his appendix out and is in hospital you must be in the room with him to know his opinion on the walk out today?

How is he doing? Wish him a speedy recovery from me.

Our captain said the walkout had nothing to do with the result. Our assistant manager didn't even mention the walk out in his interview.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:21   #68
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69 View Post
Where is the quote from Klopp about the walkout today?

Seeing as Klopp has just had his appendix out and is in hospital you must be in the room with him to know his opinion on the walk out today?

How is he doing? Wish him a speedy recovery from me.

Our captain said the walkout had nothing to do with the result. Our assistant manager didn't even mention the walk out in his interview.
You mean the quote from earlier in the season where he criticised the fans who left early? At what point did I say he had said anything today????
Old 06-02-2016, 18:25   #69
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
You mean the quote from earlier in the season where he criticised the fans who left early? At what point did I say he had said anything today????

You have offered the opinion that the walkout today directly impacted the result of today's game. You then also claimed that Klopp had the same opinion as you. The walkout today had nothing to do with the result.

And for the record Klopp didn't criticise the fans for leaving early. He said the team should do better and make them want to stay.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:28   #70
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:
The forum that gave today's protest much of it's momentum and has a thread dedicated to the protest with hundreds of posts in it from the people who organised it?? Or does the fact that they mentioned it on RAWK totally mean it is not correct?
like i said it's the forum for loons.it's a laughing stock of a forum,especially for fans of rival clubs.

Last edited by saltysam; 06-02-2016 at 18:30.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:32   #71
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
like i said it's the forum for loons.it's a laughing stock of a forum,especially for fans of rival clubs.
You don't need to tell me that - it is always good for a laugh though when you are depressed about results. Just go on for a good bit of 'tin foil hat' conspiracy ********

There were several posts today that suggested Sturridge was only on the bench today so that he could be bought on at around 75 minutes to stop the walkout. ******* hilarious.

Speaking of which - I thought he was going to get injured again when Milner clattered into him while he was warming up.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:47   #72
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,259 Times in 891 Posts
Quote:
You should know by now once the forums have decided, you need to tow the line, there is no point arguing. It just gets nastier if you try and defend your differing opinion.

If you don't think a manager expressing his disappointment that fans walked out because they didn't think they would get back into it, isn't a criticism of the fans, it seems the very definition of not really being a fan of the team.

I'm sure one of you has some sort of Shankly quote saying pretty much the same thing in one of your sigs.

I've seen it numerous times at Forest, they're professionals and earn a lot but they're still human beings. They see people streaming for the exits, it's only natural to make you think, "they don't care, why should I?"

It happens all the time in many different situations, lady at work brought some homemade cakes to the meeting, I thought they were wonderful and told her so. Everyone else polished off the bourbons and hobnobs. Did she up her game for the next meeting, make better cakes? Nope, she didn't bother and bought a packet of digestives.

There's a reason clubs spend a fortune on analysts and psychologists, why do they bother?
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 19:01   #73
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
I recall that Klopp said the same thing earlier in the season about people walking out having an effect on the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
You should know by now once the forums have decided, you need to tow the line, there is no point arguing. It just gets nastier if you try and defend your differing opinion.

If you don't think a manager expressing his disappointment that fans walked out because they didn't think they would get back into it, isn't a criticism of the fans, it seems the very definition of not really being a fan of the team.
You're actually revising your argument. Klopp never mentioned the fans leaving having an effect on the players.

Yes it was a criticism of the fans. But that wasnt the initial point you incorrectly made.
Old 06-02-2016, 20:40   #74
monkeyman
Giallo Nut!!

I was at the game today and was against the walk out occurring during the game.
I agree with Adam that the walkout was a distraction during the game and could very well have affected concentration.
These things should happen after the game- the chanting against Hicks and Gillette ( which I stayed for each time) was effective.
The Sunderland fans were openly laughing at us outside and I feel that some of the organisers have an agenda and a feeling of entitlement beyond ticket prices.
Old 06-02-2016, 21:06   #75
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

The organisers think NOBODY in the ground next season on a general admission ticket should pay more than £40 ( that's less than the current cheapest ticket ) and that 70% of them should pay £30 OR LESS. And they were surprised that the club didn't agree

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 06-02-2016 at 21:08.
Old 06-02-2016, 21:07   #76
saltysam
Trusted User

I won't have it that the walk out affected the result or the players too much.Moreno is always a moment away from a total brainfart and Mignolet is just a poor,poor keeper who shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

What i do find a little ironic though is many of those fans who walked out in protest at ticket prices won't be thinking twice next week of paying upwards of £70 + for wembley ones next week
Old 06-02-2016, 21:33   #77
riz1
Trusted User

I think it's hard to presume fans streaming out was not distracting for the first goal given the timing but even so it is so bad now I wasn't particularly surprised at us blowing another game and was more upset that I lost 12 fantasy football points as I swapped out Scott Dann (who scored) for Clyne. It was an inspired move right up to 80mins....
Old 06-02-2016, 21:52   #78
saltysam
Trusted User

blaming the inability to beat an awful Sunderland when 2 up & less than 10 to go on fans leaving is incredulous.
Old 06-02-2016, 22:28   #79
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
What i do find a little ironic though is many of those fans who walked out in protest at ticket prices won't be thinking twice next week of paying upwards of £70 + for wembley ones next week
Top price for the League Cup Final is £100, making LFC's proposed £77 a comparitive bargain.

This exact same point was put to one of the organisers of today's walkout protest the other day; if you are that upset about ticket prices which is a 'league wide' problem, would you not be better served by advising people not to buy Cup Final tickets AT ALL (better coverage, a live game, the League's - who are the only ones who can really sort out the problem - prestige game of the year, etc, etc). Their response was, paraphrasing, we don't have a problem with Wembley's price we are only bothered about Liverpool's. They went on to say that walking out of the Sunderland game would be far more effective than not turning up at Wembley at all. A cynic, like me, hears that and just interprets "I don't like high ticket prices but there is no way I am missing out on a jolly to Wembley".

Heaven forbid you should point out to them they can see the exact same two teams play against each other 3 days later for significantly less

I agree with about Moreno as well.
Old 06-02-2016, 22:32   #80
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
The Sunderland fans were openly laughing at us outside and I feel that some of the organisers have an agenda and a feeling of entitlement beyond ticket prices.
SOS seem to feel constanly aggrieved that whenever FSG do something they haven't asked for their permission first.