Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Old 11-09-2008, 04:35   #1
Guest 13097
Trusted User

John Rambo-Directors Cut and Rambo 5 + 6 news, yes Rambo 5 and 6 :)

Ok alot of Rambo news this month, cool, here we go
http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=13476
Quote:
Good news for Sylvester Stallone and Rambo fans attending this year's edition of The Zurich Film Festival (September 25 . October 5). It was recently revealed that Sly will be at the Fest this year to receive the Golden Icon Award. Moreover, the Fest will pay tribute to Stallone's past achievements via screenings of Copland and some of the Rambo and Rocky movies. But the cherry on top is that Rambo (4) The Director's CUT will screen there in its worldwide premiere.

What the hell is going to be in this directors cut? Exciting, I pretty much thought the threatical cut was the directors cut. I've read Stallone wasn't too pleased with the film being called Rambo on its own, but he prefered John Rambo, actually when I was listening to cinema listings in the UK when the film was originally out, they called out John Rambo, but the advertisments called it just Rambo, in some countaries they used Rambo 4 or John Rambo. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this directors cut premiere, wish I could attend, the blue ray and dvd later would no doubt come.

OK Rambo 5 news:
And Rambo 6

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/

http://www.moviehole.net/200815417-s...ecting-rambo-5

Quote:
Seems Sylvester Stallone doesn’t just have one more Rambo movie left in him – he has two. We were informed this morning that Millennium/Nu-Image wants two more jaunts out of the scarred Vietnam Vet.

The aging action-hero has already written “Rambo 5” – rumoured to be shooting next year in Bulgaria, though set in the United States - and is about to put pen to paper on a sixth installment of the series. Also, the next two films won’t be War films like the original movies (actually, I wouldn’t call “First Blood” a War movie – that was just a good-time thriller) but just straight-up action thrillers. The bandana may make reappearance yet.

Meanwhile, The Hollywood Reporter states that Stallone, who helmed last year’s “Rambo”, will also direct “Rambo 5”. Sounds like Stallone has it written into his contract now that he’s to direct all his movies from now on? And I’m all for it – he did a knock up job on “Rocky Balboa” and “Rambo”.

Last edited by SeanValen; 11-09-2008 at 04:37.
Guest 13097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:39   #2
LordoftheDance
PSN: Stigdu

Interesting news, thanks! I wonder what he'll do to the film to make it his director's cut?
LordoftheDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:22   #3
Thomasd
Trusted User

It has to be more talking and character stuff, it can't be MORE violent lol.
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:32   #4
SIMON ADEBISI

Give the poor ******* a love scene. He aint got any since 1985.

Edit - he didnt get any then either

Last edited by SIMON ADEBISI; 11-09-2008 at 08:32.
SIMON ADEBISI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:31   #5
Brad123
Well endowed

Id like to see him in an urban setting, like a violent crocodile dundee, so he comes home and summat happens and he then has to kick ass against street gangs or summat.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06   #6
the thing with no name
ex-B&B owner

I want more explosive tipped arrows!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07   #7
SIMON ADEBISI

Quote:
Originally Posted by the thing with no name View Post
+1
SIMON ADEBISI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 15:35   #8
Mandrill
Live !Tag Nabby81

Quote:
Originally Posted by the thing with no name View Post
That he can take apart and use the explosive to seal up wounds on his torso..like a real man
Mandrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 21:00   #9
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person

Personally, I'd love the last Rambo movie to be the last. It was a great end to a great franchise...much like the final Rocky movie was.

I think making another...or TWO by the sounds of it!!...will be a step too far.

I'm a HUGE Sly fan and would like nothing better than to be proved wrong...I just have a very worrying feeling that it's not going to be good
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:22   #10
Guest 13097
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
Personally, I'd love the last Rambo movie to be the last. It was a great end to a great franchise...much like the final Rocky movie was.

I think making another...or TWO by the sounds of it!!...will be a step too far.

I'm a HUGE Sly fan and would like nothing better than to be proved wrong...I just have a very worrying feeling that it's not going to be good

A couple of years ago nobody fought Rocky 6 and Rambo 4 would be any good.

Sly is a master of sequels, and more importantly he understands the characters. Rocky is finished, Rambo however has a few more shots in him, the ending of the 4th film was very upbeat, I just wanted to see more of him, I didn't wait like 19 years since Rambo 3, for the character to return, then go away forever, Sly is in great shape, Lionsgate supported his R rated Rambo, if Stallone has a story, and he's directing, then that's great, because he understands Rambo, his Rocky 4 and Rocky 6, both which he directed are my favorite Rocky films, I think when he's directing, he delivers, he's alot more intelligent then the action genre critics have given him credit for, the action genre remains underrated really, it's proper fans like us not the critics who understand the Sly way, there's no one else like him, Rambo is a American iconc, world wide icon, 1-2 more films won't change that, even if they are good, which I know they will be, as Sly likes to finish things well. Rambo is my favorite character of his, I've enjoyed all Rambo films, when the day comes Sly is retired and no longer making films, then it's time for the sad smilie, but for now, WE CELEBRATE
MORE RAMBO!

Last edited by SeanValen; 12-09-2008 at 06:25.
Old 12-09-2008, 18:26   #11
eye__writ
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad123 View Post
Id like to see him in an urban setting, like a violent crocodile dundee, so he comes home and summat happens and he then has to kick ass against street gangs or summat.
Throw in Ross Kemp getting capped by a stray bullet and I'm there!
Old 11-09-2008, 21:14   #12
thescrounger
Trusted User

I feel the same way really. 4 was a great way to cap off the saga. I'd hate the series to end on another '3'.

Last edited by thescrounger; 11-09-2008 at 21:15.
thescrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 00:13   #13
mr starface
He's on the Jazz again...

Bring back Tango and Cash I say!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:51   #14
Guest 31673
Trusted User

I can never get too much of Rocky and Rambo.

However having said that I would hate to see these movies be rushed. Rocky Balboa was written over the course of something like ten years and John Rambo I'm sure had a lot of time taken over it. I'd hate for future Rambo films to be things he's written over a long weekend due to time pressures by studios.
Guest 31673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 05:02   #15
Guest 13097
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WK View Post
I can never get too much of Rocky and Rambo.

However having said that I would hate to see these movies be rushed. Rocky Balboa was written over the course of something like ten years and John Rambo I'm sure had a lot of time taken over it. I'd hate for future Rambo films to be things he's written over a long weekend due to time pressures by studios.

Where did you read 10 years? Stallone hates spending ages on a script, he's said so himself, when he's on creative output, he gets it out all in one go, wasn't Rocky written in under a month or something.

Rambo 4 originally was a different story, which is now likely Rambo 5, the script was written probabley 2 years ago. The Rambo released this year was written after Rambo 5 was written lol

Quote:
As he promotes his new film, Stallone is meeting faith-based groups as a reflection of the morality that is showcased throughout Rocky Balboa. According to the actor, he had some help getting his big break. "God wrote Rocky," said Stallone. "I a was 26-year-old, poor and struggling writer. I wrote it in three days, but somehow Rocky won an Oscar."

http://www.arbor.edu/news.aspx?id=14808

It can take 3 days to write a oscar script. Stallone is someone who finishes something because he has the whole thing in his head and wants it out as quick as possible before it gets out of his head, that's how some very good writers write. Not everyone is capable of that, Stallone obiviously has planned Rambo 5 way way back. The fact he is directing again is cool, he kinda knows where the character is at.

Last edited by SeanValen; 15-09-2008 at 05:19.
Old 15-09-2008, 13:00   #16
Guest 31673
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanValen View Post
Where did you read 10 years? Stallone hates spending ages on a script, he's said so himself, when he's on creative output, he gets it out all in one go, wasn't Rocky written in under a month or something.
It was a long time ago so I may be a year or two out but I remember in the early days of having the internet at home I read extracts of a script for Rocky 6. There were differences in what I read to what ended up on screen so Sly had obviously been tinkering with it over the years.

Of course the delay wasn't because it took 10 years to write the script but it took that long for a studio to want to make it. Even so, with the time he had available to work on it it would seem a good bet that the Rocky Balboa that was released would probably have been better than the film that could have been made in the 90s due to the time that was spent fine tuning it.
Guest 31673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 22:08   #17
Guest 1844
Ignore list: banus

Rambo 5: Rambo vs Predator

Rambo 6: Rambo vs Aliens

Rambo 7: Rambo vs Zimmer Frame

Rambo 8: Rambo vs Incontinence
Guest 1844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 13:36   #18
Mandrill
Live !Tag Nabby81

I think it was a case of Sly's bankability as a star fading after some poor movies so he was struggling to get money to finance Rocky 6.

After his Contender show did well it brought him back into the public eye and he managed to get cash together.
Mandrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 14:19   #19
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217

I still haven't seen this, but might just wait for the DC now (the TC sounds rather on the short side).

So glad Sly has picked himself up again after not fulfilling his potential for so many years. I thought his career was pretty much cremated when he was starring in dross like Spy Kids and the Get Carter remake.
ourmatetone is offline   Reply With Quote