Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 26-06-2020, 12:54   #81
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217

I watched all the recent trailers after finishing the game, and they are definitely misleading. I do think the complainers have a valid point there. They do frame the product like it’s The Continuing Adventures of Joel and Ellie.

I didn’t watch them before playing the game, purely to avoid spoilers. Turns out they would’ve had the opposite effect, but I’m glad I did anyway.

Saying that...

ourmatetone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 14:05   #82
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmatetone View Post
I watched all the recent trailers after finishing the game, and they are definitely misleading. I do think the complainers have a valid point there. They do frame the product like it’s The Continuing Adventures of Joel and Ellie.

I didn’t watch them before playing the game, purely to avoid spoilers. Turns out they would’ve had the opposite effect, but I’m glad I did anyway.

Saying that...

apparently it was suppose to be someone else and the crappy westworld writer got it changed, there is GQ article iirc -

Quote:
No one forgot
Old 26-06-2020, 17:33   #83
ourmatetone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
apparently it was suppose to be someone else and the crappy westworld writer got it changed, there is GQ article iirc -

No one forgot

Old 26-06-2020, 17:49   #84
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:

Old 26-06-2020, 18:18   #85
ourmatetone

Old 27-06-2020, 00:37   #86
RonnyJ
NO TOUCHING!

Quote:
This pretty much sums up my view, for the most part.

Last edited by RonnyJ; 27-06-2020 at 00:49.
RonnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 01:27   #87
RCW
XBL - RCW41

That's a hard pill to swallow...

when Ellie...

RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 09:54   #88
luffk
Trusted User

Anyone else feel a bit misled by the marketing and previews for the game?

I remember certain previews saying certain things which are just flat out lies.

Looking back at some of the pre-release videos they’ve changed certain characters and models. Clearly to create more impact when you play the finished product but its also a bit misleading.
Old 27-06-2020, 10:17   #89
RonnyJ
NO TOUCHING!

I think they had to be misleading to an extent, otherwise it would be

If the choice is between misleading or to pretty much spoil the major plot point around the story, I'm fine with them misleading. I realise some may not feel that way.
RonnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 10:49   #90
RCW
XBL - RCW41

I didn't watch or read much, most if not all games go through changes, and there was a delay.

Could have been to avoid spoilers, or it just changed... I have seen "false advertising" which always makes me

enjoying game+, access to all the weapons at the start makes combat more fun, and keep finding lots of stuff I missed, wish the silenced smg had a single shot mode!

Still amazed by all the tiny details

Last edited by RCW; 27-06-2020 at 10:53.
Old 27-06-2020, 12:44   #91
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

In the final trailer they had made it look like

to reply to tone's post, yeah I will play it when its cheap as the gameplay looks really good and the graphics are the best around right now but that ******* story...
Old 27-06-2020, 15:50   #92
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

[PS4] The Last Of Us: Part 2

I am now just over half way through so may take a mental break and play Spider-Man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by cjanderson; 27-06-2020 at 15:55.
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 16:05   #93
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Even with the lighter moments It does sometimes feel a bit too grim, "that" scene was still very difficult to watch for a second time......
Old 07-07-2020, 18:03   #94
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

turns out neil wanted to kill Elena off in Uncharted 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/uncharted/c...he_was_spared/

there is something wrong with him or he is 15 year old emo edgelord

Turns out Bruce took control and talked him out of it and also he was responsible for getting TLOU to be about Joel and Ellie not Marlene chasing them across the US.

If there is Uncharted 5 its going to be grim **** of a story with him still in charge
Old 09-07-2020, 13:06   #95
ourmatetone

Quote:
there is something wrong with him or he is 15 year old emo edgelord
He can’t seem to win. One minute he’s an “SJW beta cuck”, and the next he’s a “woman-hating edgelord”. Killing characters off in stories isn’t necessarily psychotic or an attempt to pander to an ideology, it all depends on the context.

Neither Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy were particularly grim, so he certainly has more range to him than that.

Last edited by ourmatetone; 09-07-2020 at 13:08.
Old 09-07-2020, 13:38   #96
Bish

I was going to wait and get this when it's cheaper but I couldn't resist. Hopefully it's as grim as a lot are saying.
Old 09-07-2020, 15:20   #97
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:
He can’t seem to win. One minute he’s an “SJW beta cuck”, and the next he’s a “woman-hating edgelord”.
who called him woman-hating edgelord?, if only a 1 or 2 random person did then its hardly a good argument here. He does not hate women at all, infact he seems a snivelling boot lick

Quote:
Killing characters off in stories isn’t necessarily psychotic or an attempt to pander to an ideology, it all depends on the context..
Neither Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy were particularly grim, so he certainly has more range to him than that
If you read it, he thinks killing off characters is being edgy and keep doing is actually cheap story telling. His verison would of been awful for UC2 as Elena was important part of the game and made it really fun with her banter with Drake and Chloe

Also he didn't write Uncharted 4, he just re-wrote parts of Amy's Uncharted 4, he just added Rafe as the villain and added Nadine (who didn't have much character )
Old 09-07-2020, 19:49   #98
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
I was going to wait and get this when it's cheaper but I couldn't resist. Hopefully it's as grim as a lot are saying.
Very, but not without some lighter moments, also once finished it is worth reading some theories about the ending which might help with some of the grim stuff

Finished game+ and enjoyed the second run through finding a lot of stuff I missed, like the first it is something I'll keep going back to.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:15   #99
ourmatetone

Quote:
who called him woman-hating edgelord?, if only a 1 or 2 random person did then its hardly a good argument here. He does not hate women at all, infact he seems a snivelling boot lick
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek, but it’s kinda ironic that people whinge about him for making female characters front-and-centre of TLoU and then also moan when they they hear he “nearly” killed Elena off in Uncharted 2. It’s almost like Elena is an “acceptable” female character because she’s “the love interest”.

Maybe I’m reading into it too much, or maybe not enough. I dunno. I have issues around this game, but the constantly negative discourse is tiring (and the personal attacks and threats to the creative team are completely unacceptable). It’s just a video game at the end of the day.

Quote:
Also he didn't write Uncharted 4, he just re-wrote parts of Amy's Uncharted 4, he just added Rafe as the villain and added Nadine (who didn't have much character )
My mistake. I thought he became the creative lead for the game once Hennig departed and basically threw her treatment out the window (she got no writing credit at all for Uncharted 4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCW View Post
Finished game+ and enjoyed the second run through finding a lot of stuff I missed, like the first it is something I'll keep going back to.
New Game+ done already? Wow. I doff my cap to you. Honestly can’t see myself going back to this for a long time (although I will eventually), it’s just a bit too hard going for me to jump back in so soon.

Last edited by ourmatetone; 10-07-2020 at 08:21.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:05   #100
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Honestly enjoyed it all again, having all the weapons & finishing the upgrades made combat more interesting, and explored more finding things I had missed. I did read some interesting ideas after finishing the game and it definitely made me look at some of the scenes differently.

Agree the the negativity is boring, I've managed to avoid most of that just seeing odd bits pop up in news, the threats are cowardly & pathetic but not a surprise sadly.