Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum

Notices

Old 28-01-2019, 02:54   #21
Shingster
Trusted User

So you're having the cinema room in that back room now, or are you separating the cinema room from the living room?
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 08:07   #22
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
So you're having the cinema room in that back room now, or are you separating the cinema room from the living room?
Well, that's part of the question!
Which room do you think makes most sense?

The cinema room/living room are two separate concepts - living room intended to be a more family space for the kids to play in etc, cinema room to be the more adult space

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Old 28-01-2019, 20:34   #23
Shingster
Trusted User

Well, both rooms look pretty similar in terms of layout so I guess the room itself isn't mega-important but more rather where you're gonna have your screen and speakers within it. I mean, ideally you want the screen on & the front speakers in front of the wall opposite the windows, the sofa in front of the windows and rear speakers behind the sofa. You can't really beat that set up, but is your wife gonna be OK with all that?
Old 28-01-2019, 20:49   #24
vaderag

Maybe...

I mean, the room labelled lounge has the bay to contend with and if the sofa goes in the bay then the difficulty is where to put the.speakers (the original post I had)

The other area is part of an open plan space (not immediately obvious in the pic) with kitchen and diner behind it
Plan was always to have TV in that space and on the wall works fine with sofa dividing the living and dining areas

Question then is I guess how much impact the windows, noise from the open plan etc have on the experience! Difficult to tell til it's built!

I think ideally wife would like the adult space to be the lounge, but not at the cost of using the space inefficiently

Old 29-01-2019, 00:12   #25
Shingster
Trusted User

I think you've completely lost me tbh vader, so the 2nd image isn't two closed off rooms, it's one large open room?
Old 29-01-2019, 07:26   #26
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
I think you've completely lost me tbh vader, so the 2nd image isn't two closed off rooms, it's one large open room?
Sorry!

No, the second image is two rooms, but the room at the back (top) isn't closed off, the dotted lines are steel in the ceiling, not walls and it's part of a big open plan area

Old 30-01-2019, 18:32   #27
Shingster
Trusted User

Ah OK, so basically having speakers behind the sofa (if you had the screen on the wall) would mean that you've got speakers sitting in a pretty open area, right? I guess that would be an issue... I would suggest ceiling mounted speakers but that would eliminate any Atmos plans I think... yeah it's a bit awkward,the room with the bay window might be your best bet after all.