Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Computing Forum

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 15:47   #701
ljp
learned 2 ape the motions

I am sure you haven't been hacked again. I have seen the same thing from other people.

First thing you have to do is to start again, remove everything from the server and SQL. Change the main password to the CPanel.

Then you will be left with an empty server, check the HTAccess file has nothing written in it, it may well be hacked.

Then install WP and before you do anything check all the CHMOD's on all the folders (and the HTaccess file).

The SQL file you have is almost certainly damaged, you should really bung it into SQL or pay someone to go over it for you - it's a crap job and can take a while but it is important. If you have a dummy server for test work then put the damaged SQL into a site there and then use an exported from WP itself to take the data away into an XML format. At least then you can see data yourself in say Notepad+.

You won't be able to log in as your bandwidth will be huge so Vidahosts firewall the site, they will give you access if you give them a fixed IP for you to work from. But you really need to think about going from scratch again otherwise you'll be living GroundHog Day from now until Xmas (sorry).
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 16:34   #702
Psycho
Trusted User

I think I've done all that I can with their website, unless they want me to delete everything, including the database, and do a fresh install from the clean backup I have.

They are currently talking to Sucuri but I'm not sure how much they can help.

Thanks for the replies!

Psycho
Trader Feedback: Trader Feedback Thread
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 20:16   #703
ljp

You will have to delete the db as well. It will have stuff in it that it shouldn't. Funnily enough I am now looking at a site on Vidahosts that has massive bandwidth, hidden pages and an SQL db that was just under 2 meg last Friday, which is now 50 meg! Wordpress is useful but when it gets hacked it's a nightmare.
Old 10-11-2017, 14:00   #704
Psycho
Trusted User

Can anyone help with the following. I'm not sure if the problem is with Contact Form 7 or the theme.

I'm using Visual Composer to build the contact page and I have it set to 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/4 but for some reason Contact Form 7 won't fill the full width of the 1/2 text block.

In the image below I've shown some dummy text in the same 1/2 text block that does fill the full width.

I've tried some custom code to make the width of the contact form 200-300%, which does fill the width but when you crush the page down it spills over the two 1/4 text blocks.

Psycho
Old 10-11-2017, 15:13   #705
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Thanked 2,049 Times in 865 Posts
difficult to diagnose without a live link.

Try right-click, inspect element, and look through the css
driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
Psycho (10-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 10:00   #706
zharrt
PSN: zharrt1

In other news, how do people manage dev sites and migrating to live, any tips?
zharrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:03   #707
Psycho
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharrt View Post
I use Duplicator to create a package of the test website, then upload the packaged and installer file to the correct place and extract it.

That usually goes okay but the installer runs some checks first and lets you know if there are any issues or errors.

Psycho

Last edited by Psycho; 15-11-2017 at 11:09.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:24   #708
ljp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharrt View Post
I do everything manually as I don't like installing too many plugins on sites (I don't trust them).
Old 15-11-2017, 12:21   #709
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Duplicator is pretty good, but wherever possible I just create on live (and then make a Duplicator backup). Makes the client design process so much easier, and possibly better for SEO (if it takes several months to finish every detail, you're several months ahead[*] entirely my own theory !)
Old 22-11-2017, 07:17   #710
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Envato Black Friday Sale

Worth a look for some top selling themes and plugins at genuine half prices (use the filters and sort-by).
Old 27-11-2017, 11:10   #711
Psycho
Trusted User

Are there any WooCommerce experts here?

My friend is having a headache with exporting customer orders to an CSV file.

He can export the orders but it consolidates the order into one cell - customers can order multiple items with different options which he'd like to be exported into their own specific columns, i.e. product 1, size, colour, delivery date.

I've had a look at the CSV Export options but I can't work out how to do this.

I thought that you might be able to add specific columns under the Columns tabs that could split the orders and options - there is an option to add a new column with a custom name (i.e. Product 1, Size) and then you can select Data Source / Meta Field.

I've tried this but it didn't seem to work... I'm not 100% sure I was using the correct meta key, as I couldn't see a list of meta keys for each item or option, i.e. Product 1 = "product-1", Size = "size", Delivery Date = "delivery-date"?.

Can anyone help?

Currently he is manually splitting the cell but this could result in orders getting mixed up and pasted into the wrong cells.

Surely there must be a better way of exporting everything into seperate columns?

Thanks,

Psycho

EDIT: Just to add that he wants each customer order to be in one row, rather than having the orders over multiple rows for one customer, then then having to split the order cells into the multiple options.

Last edited by Psycho; 27-11-2017 at 11:20.
Old 27-11-2017, 14:02   #712
driver8
eviscerate your memory

I've not done this myself. In the CSV options, is there a setting for column 'delimiter' - space, comma, tab ? And are you loading the resultant CSV file directly into Excel ?

Are there any plugins to help ? Have you posted on the Woo support board ? It's such a popular plugin, that there's almost certainly a solution for this already out there.
Thanked once by:
Psycho (27-11-2017)
Old 27-11-2017, 14:23   #713
Psycho
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver8 View Post
I've not done this myself. In the CSV options, is there a setting for column 'delimiter' - space, comma, tab ? And are you loading the resultant CSV file directly into Excel ?

Are there any plugins to help ? Have you posted on the Woo support board ? It's such a popular plugin, that there's almost certainly a solution for this already out there.
There is an option for the 'delimiter' (set to comma) but this only seems to seperate out the other details: customer name, address, order number, etc. The actual order is all in one cell and it contains commas and semi colons.

We can seperate that cell with comma and semi colons but depending on the order the customer selected or placed their order, it won't seperate each item into the correct cell, so more manual work is needed.

The CSV file is opened directly into Excel.

I'll suggest making a post on the WooCommerce board and see if there is any feedback there.

It's hard because I think this might be a very specific and unique request.

Psycho

EDIT: Just saw this under the WooCommerce suggestions, which seems to be what is needed:

http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/...order-have-its

Last edited by Psycho; 27-11-2017 at 14:30.
Thanked once by:
driver8 (28-11-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 08:09   #714
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan

Anyone having trouble with file / folder permissions changing once the WP install is downloaded and placed on a server?

I set up a site yesterday and the dash is fine and everything but the live site has no Theme / .css or anything.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:09   #715
ljp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
Anyone having trouble with file / folder permissions changing once the WP install is downloaded and placed on a server?

I set up a site yesterday and the dash is fine and everything but the live site has no Theme / .css or anything.
When you say downloaded, how are you putting the install on the server? Are you saying that everything is 777? Are you installing Wordpress yourself or using a one button install via a control panel?
Old 06-12-2017, 11:14   #716
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan

Manual install. Download from WP & upload to host then setup MYSQL database and modify the config file.
Old 06-12-2017, 15:51   #717
Chris Locke
Making a 1% improvement

Thanked 1,572 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Are there any WooCommerce experts here?

My friend is having a headache with exporting customer orders to an CSV file.
I'm no Woooo expert but I'm good at VB and that can read Excel files. Maybe I can tackle the issue another way?
I'm not too clear what the end result is though. Maybe (using dummy data obviously) if you can provide an example of whats spat out and what you want it to look like , I can create something to squidge in between.
I'd more question why you need Excel though. To handle the orders? Maybe I can write a better system. I like VB and dabbling.....
Chris Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
Psycho (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 16:01   #718
Psycho
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Locke View Post
I'm no Woooo expert but I'm good at VB and that can read Excel files. Maybe I can tackle the issue another way?
I'm not too clear what the end result is though. Maybe (using dummy data obviously) if you can provide an example of whats spat out and what you want it to look like , I can create something to squidge in between.
I'd more question why you need Excel though. To handle the orders? Maybe I can write a better system. I like VB and dabbling.....
Thanks for the reply and offer.

I'll speak with my friend this weekend and see what he says but I think he's gotten use to just getting his head down and manually splitting the cell data... which I don't think is very efficient and could result in mistakes.

He uses Excel to handle orders and to create delivery/run sheets and printing labels via Word, so it's handy once all the data has been organised into the correct cells.

I'll see if he can put together some dummy data, showing how it exports from WooCommerce and how it looks after he's manually split the cells.

Psycho
Thanked once by:
Chris Locke (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23   #719
JonLaidlow
Scoundrel

Anybody still using vidahost Legacy to host their wordpress sites? I suspect i should make them all https but am at a loss....
JonLaidlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:25   #720
Wooglie
Rurouni

I'm still on cpanel hosting with vidahost if that's what you mean.
Wooglie is offline   Reply With Quote