Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2016, 05:58   #1
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
The Liverpool FC Thread

Continued from here:

http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/foru...d.php?t=633221
Alan b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:03   #2
Panavision
Cinematographer BSC

A 5live reporter asked Klopp if he was wishing he had a Vardy in his team. Klopp nearly walked out.

Ironic, it was Leicester who did a Klopp - one pass. Boom. Goal. It's what we used to do with Suarez and Sturridge. Surely it's time to give a few youngsters a go in the PL? Brannagan, for example? Ojo?
Old 03-02-2016, 09:53   #3
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

I'd have Ojo in like a shot, not sure why he's being held back, especially as he hardly played on Saturday.

Our lack of attack puts more pressure on our defence.

I think the next few games will be about easing the injured first teamers back into the team for the final.

Leicester were great, pressure all the time from the front. No messing around at the back, get it forward as soon as possible.

Last edited by Deron; 03-02-2016 at 09:54.
Deron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:59   #4
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,219 Times in 863 Posts
How do we quote the "Leicester will be nowhere near come January" from the other thread?
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 13:07   #5
rustybin
Xbox/PSN Tag: Rustybin69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
How do we quote the "Leicester will be nowhere near come January" from the other thread?
No need. It's etched in everyone's brains for years and years to come.
rustybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 13:18   #6
Bapapapa
ᗧ。。。。。。ᗣᗣᗣᗣ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
There is no chance Leicester will be anywhere near the top come January net alone the end of the season given their upcoming fixtures.
Bapapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 13:52   #7
LouBarlow
Retired Member

LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 14:56   #8
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapapapa View Post
That needs to be his signature...
Old 03-02-2016, 15:06   #9
stu_69
prohibido

Careful now you will set him off again.
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 16:00   #10
saltysam
Trusted User

the depressing thing about last night was how easy a game it was for Leicester. A wonder goal yes,but they played within themselves in the knowledge they'd score at some point and we wouldn't respond. Sobering thought to think Benteke cost more than their entire team.

Is it sacrilege to say i expected Klopp to be doing better? Not his players but i definitely expected him to be able to motivate them into better results than we are getting at the moment. 6 League wins in 16 games? poor,really poor.
saltysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 16:31   #11
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysam View Post
the depressing thing about last night was how easy a game it was for Leicester. A wonder goal yes,but they played within themselves in the knowledge they'd score at some point and we wouldn't respond. Sobering thought to think Benteke cost more than their entire team.
I didn't get that from the game - I didn't see Leicester posing any threat at all until the goal. The game had 0-0 written all over it.

I believe Leicester's team cost less than Lovren net alone Benteke

Quote:
Is it sacrilege to say i expected Klopp to be doing better? Not his players but i definitely expected him to be able to motivate them into better results than we are getting at the moment. 6 League wins in 16 games? poor,really poor.
The "not his players" factor is going to keep him safe until at least next year but he is going to have to go some during the summer bringing in plenty of upgrades on what we have

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 03-02-2016 at 16:33.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 16:36   #12
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
I didn't get that from the game - I didn't see Leicester posing any threat at all until the goal. The game had 0-0 written all over it.

I believe Leicester's team cost less than Lovren net alone Benteke

The "not his players" factor is going to keep him safe until at least next year but he is going to have to go some during the summer bringing in plenty of upgrades on what we have
Can't agree with that..we were offering little threat and there was never any doubt in my mind Leicester at some point would get chances...and they knew it as well.
Old 03-02-2016, 16:46   #13
Panavision
Cinematographer BSC

Quote:

Klopp already knows who he is keeping and who is going. The team is very unbalanced without strikers. Benteke is just awful lately, doesn't know what to do and even when he is in the box, we don't have crossers of the ball, they keep trying to walk the ball into the net.

Got to give Klopp the time to work on things in training. There were moments when you saw some neat triangle work, but it falls apart near the pen box. Looking forward to seeing Origi back in the squad. Might even see Ings before the season is out.

At least Klopp is telling it how it is unlike Rodgers "They showed a lot of character."
Old 03-02-2016, 16:48   #14
saltysam
Trusted User

You a personal associate of Klopp? Part of his inner circle?
Old 03-02-2016, 16:49   #15
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

The problem is no one can bloody shoot, and Benteke doesn't even get that far.

We have a ton of shots, just a very low percentage on target. I wouldn't be surprised if we have the lowest percentage of shots on target in the league.
Old 03-02-2016, 17:50   #16
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panavision View Post
Klopp already knows who he is keeping and who is going. The team is very unbalanced without strikers. Benteke is just awful lately, doesn't know what to do and even when he is in the box, we don't have crossers of the ball, they keep trying to walk the ball into the net.

Got to give Klopp the time to work on things in training. There were moments when you saw some neat triangle work, but it falls apart near the pen box. Looking forward to seeing Origi back in the squad. Might even see Ings before the season is out.

At least Klopp is telling it how it is unlike Rodgers "They showed a lot of character."

How do you know anything about what Klopp is doing? How do you know Klopp knows who he is keeping?

Stop talking like you know what the **** you are on about.

The fact is this team is just coasting now. There is no fight and while there are no "Klopp" players in the squad they should be at least responding to their manager. I want Klopp to succeed and I think he's a great manager but this team is playing ****** football and despite Adam's rose tinted specs they offered nothing against Leicester. There was no goal threat at all and the defence is just shocking.

At least the kids who played against West Ham put up a fight.
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 18:50   #17
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

I didn't think we offered anything against Leicester either, hence why I said it had 0-0 written all over it

IMO there are clearly players in last night's team that Klopp will/should be keeping [ Can, Firmino, Clyne and Mignolet - for whatever reason ] and I can also see him wanting to keep Coutinho and Sturridge and he admits he tried to sign Benteke for Dortmund (but I can't see Benteke staying). And he hasn't had a chance to pass judgement on Ings and Gomez. The rest all have to fight their case.

I can also see Panavision's point that the team would look completely different with a fully fit Sturridge, Coutinho and arguably Skrtel in it - and hopefully that isn't that far away now.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 19:20   #18
saltysam
Trusted User

Coutinho has been poor most of the season,Sturridge will never play any significant run of games and Skrtel was also playing pony before he got crocked.as for Klopp wanting Benteke for Dortmund. .don't believe it for one second,Rafa came out and similar about wanting Cisse for Valencia...its blag
Old 03-02-2016, 19:52   #19
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,219 Times in 863 Posts
Quote:

I don't think so, you sacked BR because he isn't doing a good enough job, Klopp comes in on the basis he's a fantastic manager and doesn't seem to be doing any better.

They seem to have written off the season. I guess they realised they were getting nowhere, cheaper to buy in the summer. However at one point you looked like dark horses for the title.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 20:19   #20
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:

They seem to have written off the season.
Of course they have. In one cup final, still in two others,total write off.
Quote:
cheaper to buy in the summer.
Yes because transfer fees never go out of proportion in major tournament summer do they.
Quote:
However at one point you looked like dark horses for the title.
when was that?