View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018, 18:29   #1017
dbilsborough
Having a mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Thanks! Any chance of a review on Amazon? I'm more than happy for you to be honest and say what you did and didn't like about it. Either way, thanks for reading - I know people's reading time is valuable (mine is) so to give something a go when it's not your usual thing is much appreciated.
I left a 4* review for you, as I reviewed it based on how a teenager would like it.

As for feedback for you (and feel free to ignore this as I haven't written a book (yet)), there were a couple of things that I didn't really like. I didn't know at the start what kind of book it was. I am not sure if that makes sense, but what I mean is, was it crime, teen angst, adventure, romance. The coincidences in the book suggested that the power of the items was real, but until we found out about those it made little sense that certain things would naturally happen.

I usually judge how good a book is by my desire to read a little bit more. I found with this book, the first 25% or so, I didn't, for the middle 50% I did want to read some more to find out what would happen in the next chapter, and then not so much in the last 25%. Not sure why that was.

It was a lot better than some of the AAA books I have read, looking at you Lee Child......
dbilsborough is offline   Reply With Quote