Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 17-05-2011, 19:44   #41
hookbeak
Poor, poor you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb View Post
The New Girl looks terrible.
They are also going to have to reshoot the pilot as Damon Wayans Jr is a regular in happy endings which got a surprise renewal.

Last edited by hookbeak; 17-05-2011 at 23:04.
hookbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 20:35   #42
stupidgibbon
Trusted User

Hubba hubba....

Old 17-05-2011, 20:43   #43
stupidgibbon
Trusted User

PAN AM

Last edited by stupidgibbon; 18-05-2011 at 09:23.
stupidgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 20:46   #44
Conor
Trusted User

Fallen Skies and Terra Nova are the only two that look remotely interesting.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 20:52   #45
stupidgibbon
Trusted User

REVENGE

LAST MAN STANDING

FALLING SKIES

WORK IT (STINKER !!!)
27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Last edited by stupidgibbon; 18-05-2011 at 09:47.
Old 17-05-2011, 22:55   #46
stu_69
prohibido

Location: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death... I can assure them it is much more serious than that"
Good run through of some of them here:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fall-t...V_WhatsNew_514
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 23:39   #47
The404
In Stereo Where Available

I think Awake looks impressive, but i'm finding it hard to get excited about anything else.

The only new show i'm really looking forward to is Armando Iannucci's 'VEEP' on HBO. It's going to be hard to top 'The Thick Of It', but I have faith.
The404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:25   #48
Richie
Trusted User

So 'Pam Am' is another wannabe Mad Men as well. FFS. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.
Such a truly terrible line-up of new shows.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 08:28   #49
Apostate
Trusted User

Awake sounds like a neat idea but I reckon the novelty will wear off pretty quick.
Apostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 09:24   #50
hookbeak
Poor, poor you.

i think that promo for "work it" might just be the worst TV i've ever seen.
hookbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 10:05   #51
The Bear
Old-gold and black member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
So 'Pam Am' is another wannabe Mad Men as well. FFS. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.
Such a truly terrible line-up of new shows.
It does have the gorgeous Margot Robbie from Neighbours in it though. It may get a watch from me just for that.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 11:37   #52
BigH
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
It does have the gorgeous Margot Robbie from Neighbours in it though. It may get a watch from me just for that.
and Charlie's Angels has the v. hot Minka Kelly, so might give that a go
Old 18-05-2011, 15:21   #53
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

New CBS Drama shows...

UNFORGETTABLE: Carrie Wells, an enigmatic former police detective with a rare condition that makes her memory so flawless that every place, every conversation, every moment of joy and every heartbreak is forever embedded in her mind. It's not just that she doesn't forget anything - she can't; except for one thing: the details that would help solve her sister's long-ago murder. Carrie has tried to put her past behind her, but she's unexpectedly reunited with her ex-boyfriend and partner, NYPD Detective Al Burns, when she consults on a homicide case. His squad includes Det. Mike Costello, Al's right-hand man; Detective Roe Saunders, the junior member of the team; and Detective Nina Inara, a sassy, street-smart cop. Being back on the job after a break feels surprisingly right for Carrie. Despite her conflicted feelings for Al, she decides to permanently join his unit as a detective solving homicides - most notably, the unsolved murder of her sister. All she needs to do is remember.

PERSON OF INTEREST: a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese's special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest and stop the crime before it happens. Reese's actions catch the attention of the NYPD, including homicide detective Carter, and Fusco, a cop who Reese uses to his advantage. With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.

A GIFTED MAN: is a drama about a brilliant, charismatic surgeon whose life changes forever when his deceased ex-wife begins teaching him the meaning of life from the "hereafter." Michael Holt is an exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life of luxury thanks to his work-obsessed career and powerful and wealthy patients; however, Michael's ordered world is rocked when his ex-wife, Anna, an idealistic free-clinic doctor and the love of his life, mysteriously appears to him. Michael's off-beat sister, Christina, a single mom to her teenaged son, Milo, is thrilled that Anna's back in her brother's life, even as an "illusion," because Michael was always a better person with her. Curious about Michael's sudden change in behavior is his efficient assistant, Rita. When Anna asks Michael to go to her clinic to help keep it running, he meets Autumn, a volunteer carrying on Anna's work with the underprivileged. Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna's compassionate "presence," Michael's attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there's room in his life for everyone.

THE 2-2: follows six diverse NYPD rookies as they patrol the gritty streets of upper Manhattan. The new trainees include Jennifer "White House" Perry, a former college volleyball star and Marine MP in Iraq with a take-charge attitude; Ray "Lazarus" Harper, the oldest rookie and a former police news reporter with better sources than many seasoned cops; Tonya Sanchez, who comes from a family with a criminal history and has a very personal connection inside the force; Ahmad "Kiterunner" Kahn, an Afghani native who fought his way to freedom; Kenny McClaren, a fourth-generation police officer with great instincts but qualms about joining the force; and Jayson Toney, a young basketball legend who squandered his opportunity in the NBA. Their demanding Field Training Officer, Daniel "Yoda" Dean, is a case-hardened, unsentimental veteran of the force who emphasizes basics and holds each cop accountable for their actions. With unique backgrounds, personalities and reasons for being on the force, the new cops will make their share of rookie mistakes while they figure out how to relate to their boss, each other and to the people they swore to protect.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 15:24   #54
TonyG

New CBS Comedies...

2 BROKE GIRLS is a comedy about two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner who strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business - if only they can raise the cash. Sassy, streetwise Max works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline is an uptown trust fund princess who's having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she's surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max's knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money. While they save their tips, they'll stay at the restaurant, working with Oleg, an overly flirtatious Russian cook; Earl, a 75-year-old kool-kat cashier; and Han Lee, the new, eager-to-please owner of the diner. Working together, these two broke girls living in one expensive city might just find the perfect recipe for their big break.

HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN: inspired by the book of the same name, is a comedy about the unlikely friendship between a traditional, refined writer and an unrefined personal trainer. Andrew Carlson is an etiquette columnist whose devotion to ideals from a more civilized time has lead to a life detached from modern society. Infectiously optimistic, Bert Lansing is a reformed "bad boy" from Andrew's past who inherited a fitness center, but can still be rude, loud and sloppy. When Andrew's editor, Jerry, tells him to put a modern, sexy twist on his column or be fired, he hires Bert as a life coach in the hopes of learning to be less "gentle man" and more "real man." Andrew's mom, Diane, and his bossy sister, Janet, support the plan, as would Janet's husband, Mike, if he was allowed to have an opinion. Though Andrew and Bert's views may be centuries apart, they may find they're each other's missing link.
Old 19-05-2011, 07:58   #55
robzinski
Not on the list

The trailer trailer for Person's of Interest has Ben from Lost telling someone he's been watching them, and he also has a list. And its from J J Abrahms. Thats enough for me.

And the Tim Allen comedy looks pretty good too.
robzinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 09:11   #56
stupidgibbon
Trusted User

Last edited by stupidgibbon; 19-05-2011 at 09:12.
Old 19-05-2011, 09:13   #57
stu_69
prohibido

Location: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death... I can assure them it is much more serious than that"
The only interest I have in Two Broke Girls is Kat Dennings breasts!!
stu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 12:48   #58
Borofan

Up All Night looks awful despite having Christina Applegate in it.
Borofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 02:25   #59
Dash
techangel

I suspect I might need to stock up on insulin but I quite like the look of Smash
Old 20-05-2011, 08:25   #60
TonyG

CW finally announced their new shows...

HART OF DIXIE: Fast-talking New Yorker and brand new doctor Zoe Hart has it all figured out - after graduating top of her class from medical school, she'll follow in her father's footsteps and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. But when her dreams fall apart, Zoe decides to accept an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work with him at his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Zoe arrives in this small Gulf Coast town only to find that Harley has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will. She quickly finds that Southern hospitality isn't always so hospitable - the other doctor in town, Brick Breeland, is less than pleased to be sharing the practice with this young outsider, and his daughter, Lemon, is a Southern belle whose sweet disposition turns sour when she meets Zoe. Zoe's only allies are the mayor, former football star Lavon Hayes, her bad-boy neighbor Wade Kinsella, and handsome lawyer George Tucker - who just happens to be Lemon's fiancé. Zoe is out of her element and ready to pack her bags, but a surprise visit by her snobby New York mother leads to Zoe's decision to stay in Bluebell for a while, discovering small-town life and a side of herself she hadn't known was there.

RINGER: Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister - only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life - a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears mysteriously, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister's identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan's best friend, Gemma, and Gemma's husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister's penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself.

THE SECRET CIRCLE: Cassie Blake was a happy, normal teenage girl - until her mother Amelia dies in what appears to be a tragic accidental fire. Orphaned and deeply saddened, Cassie moves in with her warm and loving grandmother Jane in the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington - the town her mother left so many years before - where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she does about herself. As Cassie gets to know her high school classmates, including sweet-natured Diana and her handsome boyfriend Adam, brooding loner Nick, mean-girl Faye and her sidekick Melissa, strange and frightening things begin to happen. When her new friends explain that they are all descended from powerful witches, and they've been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the Secret Circle, Cassie refuses to believe them - until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers. But it's not until Cassie discovers a message from her mother in an old leather-bound book of spells hidden in her mother's childhood bedroom, that she understands her true and dangerous destiny. What Cassie and the others don't yet know is that darker powers are at play, powers that might be linked to the adults in the town, including Diana's father and Faye's mother - and that Cassie's mother's death might not have been an accident.