Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Bargain Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 15-04-2008, 21:30   #1
Alan b

Thanked 1,206 Times in 546 Posts
THE BARGAIN FORUM RULES

All posts made within the Bargain Forum must adhere to the following rules. Anybody failing to follow these rules will be subject to a warning, forum or site-wide suspension or in the worst case a permanent site-ban.

1. All bargains posted must be legal and fall within the terms and conditions of the both the company offering the deal and The Digital Fix
2. Any fraudulent activity that involves The Digital Fix members in any way will not be tolerated. We will report such activity to the relevant authorities and to the companies affected, and assist them fully with their investigations.
3. Trolling of forum sponsor threads will not be tolerated. If you do not believe it is a bargain, don't post.
4. Do not post affiliate or referral links belonging to other websites.
5. Do not request or offer information via email that cannot be posted so as to circumvent these rules or the standard terms and conditions.
6. The Bargain Forum is not for requesting bargains. Any such questions should be posted in the Suppliers and Shopping Forum.
7. PLEASE POST A NEW THREAD FOR EACH BARGAIN!

Last edited by Alan b; 28-02-2009 at 10:33.
Alan b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 07:13   #2
Kryten

Bump - No comments from any users?
Old 16-04-2008, 07:18   #3
cedge
Xbox360 Live: cedge

My comments:

I've always been surprised at the DVD Forums stance on posting bargains. I know they got in a spot of bother with some companies in the past i.e. littlewoods but, every other site/forum i've been to rarely has any rules on posting bargains, hence why i believe most people tend to visit other forums now for their bargain hunting fixes .

DVD Forums is always my first point of call but activity on the Bargain Forum is not what it once was , probably due to the popularity of these other sites.

My Running Blog | My Twitter | My Gamertag: cedge

Last edited by cedge; 16-04-2008 at 07:21.
cedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 08:08   #4
101-A
Banned

What are these other sites people keep referring to? Can they be named here? I would like to know.
101-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 08:30   #5
cedge
Xbox360 Live: cedge

I don't think so as they could have conflicting affiliates/take commission away from the DVD Forums.

My Running Blog | My Twitter | My Gamertag: cedge
cedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 08:32   #6
101-A
Banned

Ah. That makes sense now.
101-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 08:48   #7
basegreen
neergesab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
Bump - No comments from any users?
Yep - good idea. The amount of "traffic" generated from here as opposed to the less discerning bargain sites will surely be fairly small. I am also confident you would react to specific complaints in a professional way.
basegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 11:30   #8
gozomark
Trusted User

excellent idea !
gozomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 12:49   #9
FlangeMonkey
WHERE'S MY JEEELLLLY?

I got a warning just the other day (14/4/08) for posting a free delivery voucher code for SoftUK - I assume my warning will now be expunged considering this change in Ts+Cs?
Old 16-04-2008, 13:08   #10
alsemail
Bibble....

In my relatively short time here I have found the bargain forum to be an excellent source. I'm sure older members remember "the good old days" but quite often going to another site saves you only a few pennies. The other sites as well have bog all content other than bargains.
I feel for all regular users of the forum it's the least we can do to show a little support, rather than saving 10p by going elsewhere.

Last edited by alsemail; 16-04-2008 at 14:31.
alsemail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 13:13   #11
unrealnils
Trusted User

any ebuyer vouchers/codes around ?

unrealnils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 13:31   #12
unimatrix0
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlangeMonkey View Post
I got a warning just the other day (14/4/08) for posting a free delivery voucher code for SoftUK - I assume my warning will now be expunged considering this change in Ts+Cs?
I doubt they would do that as you broke the T and C's that were in place at the time you posted
unimatrix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 14:28   #13
splobber
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrix0 View Post
I doubt they would do that as you broke the T and C's that were in place at the time you posted
Exactly.
splobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 14:33   #14
splobber
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsemail View Post
In my relatively short time here I have found the bargain forum to be an excellent source. I'm sure older members remember "the good old days" but quite often going to another site saves you only a few pennies. The other sites as well has bog all content other than bargains.
I feel for all regular users of the forum it's the least we can do to show a little support, rather than saving 10p by going elsewhere.
Thanks alsemail.

It is now a fact of life that a lot of members are happy to use the site, but then toddle off elsewhere to purchase in order to make themselves enough of a saving to buy a reduced to clear Value beans with the money they could have easily given back to the forums through our affiliates.

We can't force people to buy through our links, but what people need to remember is that the site doesn't run on thin air so the future of the forums is pretty much down to the faithful.

What does put our nose out of joint is mentioning things like you can save xyz at [cashback site A). Again, it's up to you to do what you want, but it is a bit grating to see us paying money for someone's use of bandwidth on making a post to see them saying that they have no inclination of giving something back to the forums. Our advice is to not mention it at all.
splobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 15:33   #15
Baz
Trusted User

Maybe you should just close the bargain forum then splobber then people won't abuse anything and toddle off to order stuff elsewhere.

Or make the forums financial accounts public so we can actually see that the place doesn't make a huge profit. It keeps getting said that the place is expensive to run but what never gets said is how much the place earns in affiliate income. If I earn £250 per year on my own cashback then this forum must make a bundle of cash from link clicks and such. I'm not sure I believe the hard up story thats posted here sometimes.

Not having a go, just posting my thoughts on the matter.

And, you don't have a god given right to any members affiliate income, you need to earn it and there are plenty of other forums and websites competing with you for those clicks. If people aren't using your links then maybe you need to have a look at the forums themselves and think up a new strategy for earning more affiliate income rather than moaning on that it puts your nose out of joint when people toddle off to save a tin of value beans. That sort of comment doesn't make me want to support you I must admit.

Last edited by Baz; 16-04-2008 at 15:36.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 15:38   #16
GregB
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Maybe you should just close the bargain forum then splobber then people won't abusing anything and toddle off to order stuff.

Or make the forums financial accounts public so we can actually see that the place doesn't make a huge profit. It keeps getting said that the place is expensive to run but what never gets said is how much the place earns in affiliate income. If I earn £250 per year on my own cashback then this forum must make a bundle of cash from link clicks and such. I'm not sure I believe the hard up story thats posted here sometimes.

Not having a go, just posting my thoughts on the matter.

And, you don't have a god given right to any members affiliate income, you need to earn it and there are plenty of other forums and websites competing with you for those clicks. If people aren't using your links then maybe you need to have a look at the forums themselves and think up a new strategy for earning more affiliate income rather than moaning on that it puts your nose out of joint when people toddle off to save a tin of value beans. That sort of comment doesn't make me want to support you I must admit.
Christ on a bike I've seen you moaning like this before but you are still at it even thought the voucher rules have been relaxed. Maybe you should either just shut up or bugger off somewhere else as you clearly don't like it here.
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 15:47   #17
Baz
Trusted User

So the mods can moan all they like and the rest have to agree or leave?
Old 16-04-2008, 15:51   #18
Kryten

Quote:
...you need to earn it and there are plenty of other forums and websites competing with you for those clicks. If people aren't using your links then maybe you need to have a look at the forums themselves and think up a new strategy for earning more affiliate income rather than moaning on that it puts your nose out of joint when people toddle off to save a tin of value beans.
We are working on that and if you (or anyone else) have any bright ideas then feel free to post them in the suggestions forum or contact us directly.
Old 16-04-2008, 15:58   #19
simonmac
Banned

Location: Back Home In God's Own County Of Yorkshire, so the yokels tell me any way
Quote:
So the mods can moan all they like and the rest have to agree or leave?
Pretty much as its their site!

I'll always pay a few pence extra and support the forums in what ever why I can as I don't know how I would cope without it

Last edited by simonmac; 16-04-2008 at 15:59.
simonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 15:58   #20
Baz
Trusted User

Hardware is where its at, TV's amps etc.

Beef up the playback, audio and video forums and get people posting in there, then add your affiliate links to them.

£27 per hit for a plasma rather than 60p for a DVD.