Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Suppliers and Shopping Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 31-01-2005, 20:55   #1
snowball
Shilpa Poppadom

ebayer wants a refund :(

Lately Ive had nothing but trouble selling stuff on Ebay. Its come to the point Im ready to give up selling stuff on there

Anyway... sold a Region One DVD, two weeks later buyer pays me after no contact despite repeated attempts by me to contact them.

They receive the DVD today and straight away I get loads of emails 'dvd is excellent condition but it wont play in my dvd player'... I instantly think maybe their dvd player is not multi region so I offered to help them make it multiregion.

The buyer then just emails me back with the make and model, SANYO DC-TS750 .. here the email:

Quote:
EBAYER: hi,yes i know you did and not saying its your fault we thought our dvd player was multi region but its not its region 2 the make is sanyo DC-TS750
THANKS XXXXXX

-------Original Message-------

Hiy

Is it because it is a Region One DVD? Do you know if your DVD player is a
multiregion player or not? If you can tell me the make and model of the player
maybe I can help you make it into multiregion.

I clearly stated this was a Region One DVD on the auction.
I found a site on the net telling you how to make it multiregion but its done using a firmware upgrade, not a simple remote hack...

The question is, do I point them to the website and hope they can do this without messing their player up? Or do I just offer them a refund?

Or do I nicely tell them that I pointed out clearly on the auction that the buyer should check that they can play Region One DVDs as I will not accept returns otherwise?

Last edited by snowball; 31-01-2005 at 20:56.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 20:58   #2
Xenomorph
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball
Or do I nicely tell them that I pointed out clearly on the auction that the buyer should check that they can play Region One DVDs as I will not accept returns otherwise?
Assuming thats what you did then thats what you tell them.
Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 20:59   #3
D'Ohnut
Trusted User

Guess it all comes down to feedback and how much you value it. If he's already left good feedback, then he hasnt a leg to stand on and its his own fault for buying an R1 disc. If he does the firmware, its at his own risk and he has to accept that before doing it.

ebay sucks these days and I refuse to use it now, but life's too short to babysit people who cant read descriptions clearly and understand them.

D
D'Ohnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:00   #4
snowball
Shilpa Poppadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph
Assuming thats what you did then thats what you tell them.
Yep thats what I clearly stated on the auction. The buyer has already admitted its not my fault its not working (see above). Problem is the last thing I want is yet another negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ohnut
Guess it all comes down to feedback and how much you value it. If he's already left good feedback, then he hasnt a leg to stand on and its his own fault for buying an R1 disc. If he does the firmware, its at his own risk and he has to accept that before doing it.

ebay sucks these days and I refuse to use it now, but life's too short to babysit people who cant read descriptions clearly and understand them.

D

when I first started selling on Ebay I used to value the feedback, but over the last year Ive had nothing but muppets buying my stuff so to be honest I think I've just sold my last thing on EBay as Ive had enough just like you.

They havent left me any feedback yet. I havent left them any either. So I can always retaliate. I'll just nicely tell the user they should have checked their player was multi region, point them to the website which tells you how to make it multi region, add a disclaimer that they do so at their own risk and not to blame me if their player messes up....

Ive had enough. Ebay is far too much hassle these days.

Last edited by snowball; 31-01-2005 at 21:03.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:13   #5
new
Sand Dab

If you want to go the refund route offer him one that does not include your postage costs or there postage cost to return it to you.

This will leave them about £3-5 out of pocket so they will proberly just try to re-sell it on ebay them seleves.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 21:22   #6
snowball
Shilpa Poppadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by new
If you want to go the refund route offer him one that does not include your postage costs or there postage cost to return it to you.

This will leave them about £3-5 out of pocket so they will proberly just try to re-sell it on ebay them seleves.

In her first email she asked for a refund, minus her postage charges. I .only sold the DVD for just over 7 quid (which included postage) so her posting it back to me, and me giving back around 5.50 .. i think she may as well keep it!!

I think I'll just send her a quick email pointing this out. Maybe she'll see sense andkeep it.
Old 31-01-2005, 21:51   #7
snowball
Shilpa Poppadom

well, a happy ending after all. I think she realised after I told her she'd end up about 4 quid out of pocket, she's left me positive feedback and Ive returned the favour.

She just emailed me saying it was her fault for not checking compatibility. Phew... a happy ending on ebay at last .

I think I've just sold my last thing on ebay. Far too much hassle over one dvd worth only a few bob. Ta to everyone who replied on this thread...
Old 31-01-2005, 21:56   #8
splobber
Administrator

GOOD EVENING I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR MOBILE PHONE PLEASE SEND TO WALLEH WALLEH TOWN I WILL SEND YOU LARGE CHECK FROM MY COUSIN DR MOOGABOOGAOOGA CAN YOU SEND BACK THE CHANGE VIA WESTERN UNION I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR DEALINGS MY FRIEND
splobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 22:17   #9
morleyian
That's what she said!

Last edited by morleyian; 31-01-2005 at 22:18.
morleyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 05:26   #10
snowball
Shilpa Poppadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by splobber
GOOD EVENING I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR MOBILE PHONE PLEASE SEND TO WALLEH WALLEH TOWN I WILL SEND YOU LARGE CHECK FROM MY COUSIN DR MOOGABOOGAOOGA CAN YOU SEND BACK THE CHANGE VIA WESTERN UNION I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR DEALINGS MY FRIEND

Sir, may I refer you to this thread ?