Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Suppliers and Shopping Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 17-07-2004, 11:52   #1
Ds3
Trusted User

Angry Overclockers.co.uk - more bad customer service

Placed an order yesteday lunch time for a motherboard form their clearance section and some new ram, put this on Saturday delivery at the cost of 25 + vat as I wanted to get some work done on the system over the weekend. Phoned up a few hours later to check if it would be out for delivery today and was told the order had been packed and would definately be out for delivery pre-1pm today.

1pm is closing in fast so I thought I'd give them a call to get a tracking number, so I could contact the couriers and check all was well. Now I'm told they don't have stock of the motherboard as a clearance item (clearance = brand new but discontinued) so my order hasn't been shipped, however they are selling exactly the same board as new at twice the price still I've wasted my whole Saturday morning sitting in waiting for the courier and they won't even give me free delivery if I order a different product. I had no email to inform me the product was out of stock at any point, and was informed on the phone the order was packed and ready to go.

Either this board was in the clearance section by mistake and they decided they didn't want to sell at that price, or the guy couldn't actually be arsed to check the order when I phoned up yesteday. Either way they have clearly been lying to me at some stage. Companies like this that don't give a toss about their customers really wind me up, certainly won't be placing an order with that bunch of jokers again
Ds3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 21:59   #2
HowMuch
Darkplace Hospital

I have had trouble with them before and don't use them anymore, i would prefer to spend a bit more with a company like kustompcs and get great customer service.
HowMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 22:32   #3
D'Ohnut
Trusted User

They are scum and have a bad reputation, getting worse by the day. Theyre down the list beside dabs

D
D'Ohnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 09:39   #4
WildWayz
XBL: WildWayzz

Yep - i can't stand them either. They've done the same to me too in the past.
They also sold me a dodgy psu/mobo that shorted out and fried ALL my hardware then denied responsibility.

James
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 11:54   #5
ShyBoy
Captain

Dabs and overclockers have been off my list for years now. Ebuyer is creeping its way back into my good books as at least they sort problems out, even though it might take a few weeks.

Its getting more and more difficult to find decent online retailers these days... oh hum..
ShyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 12:03   #6
Ds3
Trusted User

Yeah I have to agree, I've had one or two little problems with ebuyer but nothing that hasn't been sorted out. It seems online retailers these days are realising that they can get away treating their customers like c@rp so more and more are stopping caring... Really good suppliers are a very valued comodity now
Old 19-07-2004, 12:13   #7
lentini
now with added cymbals

I've recently had problems on my first two orders with ebuyer. The first I ordered a case and the fan was missing (they sent one to my the very next day). The second I ordered some RAM which turned up bent and corrupted XP (sent it back, 9:30 the next morning I had a note stating the RAM had been tested and was faulty and that I'd get a refund within 3 days).

These problems were sorted quickly and means I'll be ordering from them again. Good customer service goes a long way.

Last edited by lentini; 19-07-2004 at 12:13.
lentini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 12:29   #8
Repo
Gusset Guru

I never use OCUK on principle.

Most of my business goes to eBuyer & they have been ok with any returns I've had so far.
Old 22-07-2004, 20:57   #9
grimley
LION grimley to you...

If i'd known about this earlier i'd never ordered a PSU off them
(on the 12th) & i'm still waiting for delivery....
Old 23-07-2004, 13:06   #10
wyvern
Trusted User

Placed an order with them at the weekend - all in stock according to the website. Still hadn't shipped by wednesday despite the site showing everything still in stock - contacted them (no luck by phone, but eventually got an email response) saying that the memory I'd ordered was out of stock. As of today, the website is still claiming that it's in stock ... however it does show that one of the other items I ordered as out of stock though!

Oh, and best of all they immediately charged my credit card despite not having the stock they advertised!

Not impressed.
wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 11:13   #11
dan13l
XBL: Green Yamo

I've got an order open with them at the moment, but when I try to call I get a "all our lines are busy" message. Damn. Should've done a quick check of the forums before placing it, but assumed that because they'd been around so long, they were ok.
dan13l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 11:24   #12
wyvern
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan13l
I've got an order open with them at the moment, but when I try to call I get a "all our lines are busy" message. Damn. Should've done a quick check of the forums before placing it, but assumed that because they'd been around so long, they were ok.
FWIW, I got through to them a few minutes ago. Spoke to them yesterday as well ... first of all they told me that two of the items I ordered were out of stock (originally it was just one), when I pointed out that they were advertising them as in-stock (and had been for over a week - since I placed the order!) the person I spoke to changed their mind and decided that in fact everything was in fact in stock and it would all ship that day.

Guess what? It didn't.

Phoned again (quite a few times before I got through) and had exactly the same conversation - it's really going to ship today ... honest. Told them I'd cancel if it didn't turn up tomorrow - they didn't seem terribly interested. I guess they really don't want repeat business ...
Old 27-07-2004, 11:57   #13
wyvern
Trusted User

My god - just got a shipping confirmation from Overclockers.
Old 27-07-2004, 12:58   #14
dan13l

Well this is daft. I still can't get through, haven't had any response to my email. Wonder if I can contact the credit card and get the money back...?
Old 27-07-2004, 13:11   #15
wyvern
Trusted User

FWIW, when I emailed them they didn't reply until the evening (7pm'ish).

You could certainly speak to your credit card company about the order, they should be able to advise you about your best course of action. You might also want to check with trading standards about what your rights are - http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ - the site has some info, plus it should give you a phonenumber for your local office.
Old 27-07-2004, 17:24   #16
paulspiteri
Give Me Yer Files

yeah there's something not quite right about overclockers
i haven't had terrible service, but when i was sent the wrong item recently that was a bit of a pain.

their bizarre legion of fans are freaky too (on forum)
paulspiteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 15:06   #17
$h@d0w
Break The Future!

Their forums get regularly 'moderated' to put their company in a good light.

In the past I've had my own post slightly edited when I implied that stock (of the GeForce 6800 Ultra) was available from another store.
$h@d0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 15:19   #18
dan13l

Still haven't heard anything today, and still can't get through. Extremely annoying.
Old 28-07-2004, 16:00   #19
Ds3
Trusted User

Tis very true about their forums. I got a permanent ban from them a while ago, all I did was participate innocently in a thread that mentioned the X800 XTs were in stock with a different supplier, didn't even mention which supplier Was only about my 3rd post there lol, they said they were only going to remove peoples bans if they got an explanation of why they were talking about other suppliers and an apology, even though their rules clearly states discussing other suppliers is a warning for first offence, and a 7 day ban for the second. Naturally i told them were to shove their apology and haven't been back since
Old 29-07-2004, 21:52   #20
sjg1
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds3
Tis very true about their forums. I got a permanent ban from them a while ago, all I did was participate innocently in a thread that mentioned the X800 XTs were in stock with a different supplier, didn't even mention which supplier Was only about my 3rd post there lol, they said they were only going to remove peoples bans if they got an explanation of why they were talking about other suppliers and an apology, even though their rules clearly states discussing other suppliers is a warning for first offence, and a 7 day ban for the second. Naturally i told them were to shove their apology and haven't been back since
I got banned for daring to disagree with the homophobic "boss" in a debate about gay rights.

Was fed up the place by then, the rules had got more and more ridiculous and I hated that way that members were expected to feel massively grateful all the time because OCUK pick up the tab for the forums, when they drive a lot of the business and act as an army of unpaid support staff. They managed to cock up some of my orders too. Mr Proudfoot should maybe sink some of his profits in decent staff instead of flash cars.
sjg1 is offline   Reply With Quote