Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 12-04-2003, 16:41   #1
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

Maladolescenza a.k.a. Playing WIth Love/Puppy Love - HELP!

I'm looking for a DVD of Maladolescenza (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0076749 ).

Can someone point me to a online store that sells it ?

I know there are unfortunately censored versions of this movie around, so if at all possible I'd like to get the full, uncensored version.

Feel free to either answer me here or email me to da_iceangelNOSPAM@yahoo.com (remove "nospam").

Thanks!
Cultural Freedom > Globalization | Optical > Digital | 2D > 3D | Turn-Based > Real-Time | CRT > LCD | Independent Business > Corporate Thieves | Sexual Freedom > Neo-Witch Hunting | Traditional Food > Fast Food | Ceramic > Plastic | Privacy > Cameras and Data Mining | Independent Nations > World Police and Terrorism | MS DOS 5.1 > Windows 98SE > XP > Vista > ...

...or, What Went Wrong With The World After The 1990s And Why Are YOU Letting It Happen ?

Last edited by ice-angel; 12-04-2003 at 16:55.
ice-angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 16:56   #2
Michael Sullivan
Banned

I, errr........

How can I put this delicately?

Whatever the qualities this movie may / may not have, I do not think that you will find many countries in the world where this movie is legal - even the Japanese version is censored and they are pretty liberal.

Are you fully aware of this movies contents?

I don't know whether it is ok to mention on this site, but the movie contains explicit sex scenes between a 12 year old girl and a 15 year old boy, where nothing is left to the imagination. And no, I have not seen it...........

I would fully advise you to drop the idea of getting a copy, particularly if you are in Britain. If customs intercept THAT, you are likely to be in a lot of trouble..........
Michael Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 17:11   #3
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

Thanks for your reply,

I am fully aware of the movie contents, and that's exactly why I want the movie since I like the said contents very much. You didn't need to say that you didn't watch the movie though, as your comments about it reflect that perfectly.

The material depicted in the movie, no matter how far from your claims, is fortunately perfectly legal in my country, exacly as with most "modern" countries nowadays, with perhaps exceptions such as the UK (a country notorious for its medieval-like attitude towards movie handling and rating), pending a parental advisory rating depending on how much is censored.

To further add to what seems to be some degree of innacuracy in your understanding of these matters, Japan happens to have a high degree of movie censorship, in fact it's the only known country to digitally modify the image of their productions to accomodate ratings as standard practice and *technically* forbid exports of several adult rated films.

Regardless of all these irrelevancies, I'd love finding a DVD version of the movie, uncensored if possible, that being the reason for this thread, and since it's apparent you can't help me (perhaps I'm wrong ?)... thanks anyway
Cultural Freedom > Globalization | Optical > Digital | 2D > 3D | Turn-Based > Real-Time | CRT > LCD | Independent Business > Corporate Thieves | Sexual Freedom > Neo-Witch Hunting | Traditional Food > Fast Food | Ceramic > Plastic | Privacy > Cameras and Data Mining | Independent Nations > World Police and Terrorism | MS DOS 5.1 > Windows 98SE > XP > Vista > ...

...or, What Went Wrong With The World After The 1990s And Why Are YOU Letting It Happen ?

Last edited by ice-angel; 12-04-2003 at 17:33.
Old 12-04-2003, 17:35   #4
Michael Sullivan
Banned

Fair enough, and I didn't want to seem too puritanical in my comments.

I know how strict the UK is in it's laws over children (some would say too strict, some would disagree), and my comments on Japan were based on the young girl images you can find in some anime, and the fact that they allowed the young boy to appear naked in Ai No Corrida, but that was optically reframed over here.

I now live in Europe, where things are far more liberal. I am fairly sure that the uncut film is still illegal in most European countries (it is here in Germany for example), and I am pretty sure it is in france as well. In Austria, the uncut version is OK, and it may be OK in Holland. Not too sure about Italy.

There is a Japanese DVD available of the movie that is uncut, but it contains fogging over the children's genitalia (male and female). There is also a VHS available here in germany, but I am sure that it is heavily censored......

The film itself, for those who wonder, is actually regarded as an extremely well made and affecting piece of cinema. A bit like the Lord of the Flies, I believe, but a bit more psychological in it's approach.

If you find a copy, I'd be interested to know what you think of it.......
Old 12-04-2003, 18:40   #5
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

Quote:
my comments on Japan were based on the young girl images you can find in some anime, and the fact that they allowed the young boy to appear naked in Ai No Corrida
Actually they didn't

The movie was shot as a foreign (european) joint venture, the only way the director could get his vision of the movie across. Even so, it was x-rated in most countries all those years ago I believe (not to mention banned in some).

About Maladolescenza, I'll let you know when I can find it

Old 13-04-2003, 03:29   #6
Shingster
Trusted User

Have you tried googling it? I've done a search on google for you ICE but couldn't find it on DVD, it does look like the Italian VHS is the uncut version of the film & there's also a japanese VHS release but i don't know if it's cut.

EDIT did a search on e-bay & found this listing, has a little info on a possible Japanese DVD release as well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=16136

Last edited by Shingster; 13-04-2003 at 03:33.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2003, 09:02   #7
Michael Sullivan
Banned

Just to clarify the situation, ICE.

The scene in Ai No Corrida which I am referring to is the scene where the little boy has his penis pulled by the woman, and is obviously distressed by it.

This was shown complete in Japan, but optically reframed for the uncut British release......
Old 13-04-2003, 09:30   #8
Hendrik
Banned

LINK REMOVED

. . .:norty: . . .

Last edited by Harsin; 13-04-2003 at 11:20.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2003, 09:50   #9
Michael Sullivan
Banned

My God! :norty:

I would strongly advise against clicking on that link.

It says on the title pages that those images are illegal in USA and canada, and i would strongly suggest that they are in England to.

Be very careful if you decide to use that link.........
Old 13-04-2003, 13:33   #10
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

The terms and conditions of the forum do specify not to post links or pictures depicting sex and nudity, I'm afraid.

I'm not even remotely interested in pictures or similar materials, but if the above deleted link could possibly answer my request to find a (uncut) DVD of the movie I'd appreciate it if someone could email it to me ( da_iceangelNOSPAM@yahoo.com - remove "nospam" ). Thanks.

Michael: to be honest I'm not sure if the kid's penis scene was shown in Japan, I guess that's possible although they do have a few strict laws regarding the presentation of genitalia and pubic hair in graphic form, regardless of age. But then again, I wouldn't try too hard to understand a country that produces such vast quantities of sex-related material and then go all the way to censor and forbit it

Shingy: yes, I've seen a few sites selling the uncut version in VHS (or so they claim), unfortunately I couldn't find a DVD so far. I wonder why don't they simply put the thing on DVD. Even if a VHS master had to be used as source (I don't know what is the current copyright status for the movie), at least it'd be preserved in digital format. The japanese DVD is edited as per their infamous "blurring, fogging & mosaic" (c) technique, from what I've been reading. I believe it could also be missing some scenes.

Last edited by ice-angel; 13-04-2003 at 13:39.
Old 13-04-2003, 19:57   #11
Michael Sullivan
Banned

Ice.

The movie has, for the third time, never been released uncut on DVD. The closest to an uncut release is the Japanese version.

The link that was removed did not contain any links to uncut versions of the movie on VHS. It did, however, contain a link to Amazon.jp and the fogged DVD version.

You seem to be claiming the moral high ground on the link being removed, but I wonder how many forum members would agree if they had actually seen the pictures on the site in question. I went there very briefly to see what it had to say about the movie (there was no warning of it being a picture site), and was confronted with shots of a clearly underage Eva (looking maybe 12) being fingered by a man in his thirties maybe?

That was all it took for me to come straight out and cache clense.
Old 14-04-2003, 02:18   #12
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

Really ? No wonder the link was deleted

From what I gathered it would seem that our friend Eva starred in a lot of "interesting" films, some more morally controverse than others. To be honest, I don't know any except for the theme subject of this thread.

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD availability, Michael, but I assure you I did read your previous posts. I'll keep eagerly awaiting for additional help from other forum members who might have more info on this than you and me

Last edited by ice-angel; 14-04-2003 at 14:43.
Old 14-04-2003, 14:45   #13
ice-angel
Brian, King Of The Jews

Actually I do know at least another film starring Eva, L'Appartement a.k.a. The Apartment. Great little movie. I just thought I'd correct my above statement, I don't know how could I forget this.