Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Old 22-03-2017, 14:35   #61
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Forgot to mention I picked the default female character & a lot of her close up facial expressions make her look, to be polite, "simple" ....
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 16:24   #62
fivebyfive
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Forgot to mention I picked the default female character & a lot of her close up facial expressions make her look, to be polite, "simple" ....
Worst still this is the model they used for Female ryder apparently and the right pic is what they ended up with. I'm sure their artists BS from the interview to work on this game

fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 17:19   #63
RichB
XBL Gamertag: FiniteRich

c'mon sarah's cute as a button and you know it
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 09:29   #64
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217

Really enjoying this. Although it's tonally very different to the original trilogy, in that it doesn't play on a huge backdrop of war. It has a more mysterious vibe to it.

Character animation isn't great, but it's what you can reasonably expect from a huge scale game like this. You don't play a BioWare game to expect a Naughty Dog experience. The whole thing has been blown massively out of proportion.
ourmatetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 09:35   #65
fivebyfive
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmatetone View Post
Character animation isn't great, but it's what you can reasonably expect from a huge scale game like this. You don't play a BioWare game to expect a Naughty Dog experience. The whole thing has been blown massively out of proportion.
Have to say I really disagree, Dragon age inquisition had better animation than this game. I don't expect Naughty Dog level of animation and character models but I don't expect the game to look and animated, like a RPG from a small studio (like the technomancer game and bound by flame(?)
Old 24-03-2017, 09:47   #66
dannywonderful
Bon Viveur

I too think the scorn levelled at this game is totally disproportionate. I've had a few bugs, all sorted out by quitting to main menu and reloading and obviously I have the same animations as everyone else, but I'm having so much fun with the game I don't care.
dannywonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 09:59   #67
ourmatetone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
Have to say I really disagree, Dragon age inquisition had better animation than this game. I don't expect Naughty Dog level of animation and character models but I don't expect the game to look and animated, like a RPG from a small studio (like the technomancer game and bound by flame(?)

Have you played it yet? If all you've seen are videos highlighting (rare) examples of extremely dodgy animation, then you're not seeing the full picture.

To me, it's comparable to Dragon Age: Inquisition's animation quality. Stiff and unremarkable, but in no way detracts from the experience.
Old 24-03-2017, 10:46   #68
TonyG

I'm about 5hrs in now & I'm enjoying it but the facial animations are distractingly bad & feel a real step backwards for what should be a AAA game. The video clips too are all over the place in quality & also their brightness/contrast balance is a mixed bag. One scene can look good & then the next, the supposed blackness of space is almost like daylight!

Only major bug I've encountered was when on a planet surface, there was some camera sway to indicate the ground was shaking due to lightning strikes. Unfortunately this "sway" got locked in & even when returning to the ship, I had to endure shakey-cam, all the time until I saved & reloaded.
Old 24-03-2017, 14:31   #69
fivebyfive
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmatetone View Post
Have you played it yet? If all you've seen are videos highlighting (rare) examples of extremely dodgy animation, then you're not seeing the full picture.

To me, it's comparable to Dragon Age: Inquisition's animation quality. Stiff and unremarkable, but in no way detracts from the experience.
I have played a large chunk on EA access trial using my friend's EA access, While the animation is disappointing for a game from a major publisher in 2017 (I would say its worst than DA:I), you have all this other problems and its deeply disappointing as I loved the first game and a lot in 2 and 3. Also listened to some podcasts and it sounds something Bethesda studio would churn out. Even if they fix the bugs, the DA:I filler quest was a bad choice imo.

If people are enjoying it then cool but I have noticed (not so much on this site) bioware fanatics shouting down any criticism I do hope bioware's main team can fix what they can from this c-team in Montreal
Old 24-03-2017, 14:47   #70
Mevlock
XBL - Mevlock

Bioware ceased being Bioware a long time ago.

It's just another EA division now regardless of the team.
Mevlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 14:57   #71
TonyG

As long as they get the animation correct for the lesbian sex scene, i'll forgive them...
Old 24-03-2017, 15:27   #72
ourmatetone

Quote:
I have played a large chunk on EA access trial using my friend's EA access, While the animation is disappointing for a game from a major publisher in 2017 (I would say its worst than DA:I), you have all this other problems and its deeply disappointing as I loved the first game and a lot in 2 and 3.
Ah, OK. Fair enough.

The issue's been so well publicised, I went in expecting it to be a full-on, nearly game-breaking disaster. Maybe I'm just lucky? Like I said, the animation isn't great but I haven't seen any of the weird expressions and limpy quirks shown in some of the videos.

Quote:
If people are enjoying it then cool but I have noticed (not so much on this site) bioware fanatics shouting down any criticism
Despite my enjoyment of the game, nothing will ever justify this deluded fanboy mentality. It's something that constantly bemuses me, in both the video game world and in films.