login with facebook login with steam

Old 05-04-2017, 21:11   #81
fivebyfive
Trusted User

fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 14:44   #82
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217

Found my first broken side quest yesterday, despite downloading the patch (waypoint marker directs you to a non-existent NPC to talk to). Still, I've put 46 hours into this thing so far, so I seem to be having better luck than most people!

The one thing I don't care much for in this game is the terr-forming, particularly the vault sections. They remind me of the Oblivion sections in (erm) Oblivion: cookie cutter environments that are tedious to navigate and just boring as hell to get through.
ourmatetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 21:44   #83
sharp_circle
Fantasist

As a massive Mass Effect fan I was completely put off by all the negative reviews. As it happened I was on honeymoon when it came out so didn't buy it on release. As I sat on a beach in Bali I read all the negative reviews in horror.....I honestly couldn't believe it could be that bad. I've waited till the mega patch was released and took the plunge last weekend and bought it.....So is it really as bad as the rest and certain reviews made out? Well no, it isn't. In fact it's pretty damn fabulous in most areas. I'm only 35 hours in but just like all the other mass effect games it's sucked me in completely. I haven't had a single broken quest or seen any weird physics. HOWEVER!

How in gods name have they ****** up so badly on the cut scenes? I honestly cannot fathom how they've allowed such shoddy animation. I thought when people were saying it's worse than ME1 they were exaggerating.....Jesus Christ they aren't! Every charachter has pores that a sandworm could crawl in and even with the patch the eyes are all over the place. Not to mention the ****** lip syncing. For something that has always been essential to mass effect games i'm thoroughly disappointed.

I'm loving the actual game and if you can ignore the crappy animation the story seems pretty good so far. I just hope in it's sequels they learn their lesson.
Old 22-04-2017, 15:37   #84
ourmatetone

I think it'll easily slide into my top 5 of the year. I hope we get some beefy DLC for it soon.

Quarian Ark DLC would be good. It makes no sense that the Quarians (who have a rite of passage centred around exploration) don't have an ark, but the Krogans (warrior race who don't always play nice with others and have troubled history with the Salarians) do.
Old 22-04-2017, 16:28   #85
dataloss
Cyberspace Addict

My Latest bug is Sara Ryder's Hair in conversations, It's not being rendered correctly on my GTX 1070 with latest driver, the ends of her hair are diffused and tessellated to the point of clipping into nothing. I'll grab a screenshot or vid capture if I remember...
dataloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 18:17   #86
sharp_circle
Fantasist

I have to say, the absolutely brilliant star wars reference in Liams quest is my favourite thing in this game by a mile so far, in fact liams quest as a whole is great.

I'm loving this game. I really am, I just wish they'd got the graphics a bit better. To be honest though? it's still in my top 10 games ever.
Old 24-04-2017, 10:40   #87
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

I really need to stop completing EVERY single side-mission & going through EVERY conversation as I just checked yesterday & it claims I've been playing this for 35hrs & I'm only 25% Complete!!!

However, the quality of side-missions are so random, you worry that you might miss a good one as occasionally they are as fun as the main missions.

I also need to stop spending ages searching for every available container as I now have a silly amount of guns/armour which completely removes the need to do the research/development as any time I do craft my own item, I'm guaranteed to find it within an hour or so in a random container!

Currently I'd still say it's the poorest of the series but there's enough quality to make it addictive & hard to leave...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 12:12   #88
Wooglie
Rurouni

I'm the same. I'm up to 40 hours and just started Kadara. Eos, Havarl and Voeld are all 100% viabillity.
Wooglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:46   #89
TonyG

Side-mission quality is still all over the place but when they are good, they are REALLY good, especially the Big Boss battles against the Architects.

Finally got the first three planets to 100% viability & returned to the Nexus to find a zillion more side-missions. Must resist & get back to the main storyline....
Old 02-05-2017, 10:01   #90
ourmatetone

I made the stupid mistake of ignoring the Strike Team missions, as I thought that was the multiplayer mode for some reason. I'm now pretty much done with the game, so loading it up a couple of times a day just to do Strike Team stuff and unlock the achievements. It's a slog.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:00   #91
Bish

Well after about 46 hours I'm about 65% complete but having finished the main story I think I'm done with this now. I wish I'd gotten all planets to 100% viability and done all the loyalty missions instead of the huge amount of fetch quests I did.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:47   #92
ourmatetone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
Well after about 46 hours I'm about 65% complete but having finished the main story I think I'm done with this now. I wish I'd gotten all planets to 100% viability and done all the loyalty missions instead of the huge amount of fetch quests I did.
Getting all the planets to 100% viability isn't actually that time consuming. I did it all quite a while before finishing the main quest line. You only have to do a few missions/tasks on each planet.

Although saying that, doing the terra-forming reactor things is pretty boring and repetitive.

Last edited by ourmatetone; 03-05-2017 at 08:48.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:54   #93
TonyG

Being a Sudoku fan, I'm really sad & get excited every time I encounter one of the Sudoku-based puzzles. All comfortably done so far without using any of the unlocks.

Going forward, I'm just going to concentrate getting the remaining planets to 100% viability & doing the main & loyalty missions which are always fun & have interesting rewards...
Old 06-05-2017, 12:24   #94
Bish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmatetone View Post
Although saying that, doing the terra-forming reactor things is pretty boring and repetitive.
Yeah I felt the same hence why I didn't bother with the last planets once I'd completed the main story.
Old 18-06-2017, 09:44   #95
Taq
Evil Scientist

This is currently half price on Origin. Does anyone know if the patches have fixed enough of it yet?
Old 18-06-2017, 09:54   #96
fivebyfive
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq View Post
This is currently half price on Origin. Does anyone know if the patches have fixed enough of it yet?
Its fixed the character animation (xbox 1 version anyway) but it would be a lot of work to fix some of the dull quest design

I made a human looking character (better than the default bug eye sara)
Old 18-06-2017, 10:04   #97
Taq
Evil Scientist

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/06/06/m...ch-1-08-notes/

Improved character creator, and at last, a gay sex option for male Ryder! (I play females in RPGs so that's of less interest to me).
Old 18-06-2017, 21:15   #98
redmosquito
Trusted User

Added more gay options, nice to see Bioware working on what really matters.
redmosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 06:57   #99
fivebyfive
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmosquito View Post
Added more gay options, nice to see Bioware working on what really matters.
Its Bioware, what do you expect

Also all the "romance" stuff its so badly written and feels forced (like in DA I)

Kotaku has fairly good write up (almost never said) about the problems the game had (they gloss over the deeply racist game dev at the studio and hiring people because of "diversity"! - for example the game engine is not bad made for RPG and open world, key people left and never replaced, leaving jobs in junior roles apparently

The game still has dodgy animation and the quests will never get worked up, the best you can say the shooting is good for ME game