Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Mobile Phone and Satellite Navigation Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Old 11-06-2017, 11:49   #81
Q
Yee Ol Forum Pirate Ahhhh

Axon 7 turned up on 27th May.

Due to it having a Chinese ROM on and Google Play then the update on recovery and within the phone wouldn't work and was stuck on 6.01 MM B07.

So I got TWRP installed on it and then that's where the problems started. I unlocked the bootloader and then couldnt get anything to install via TWRP either. Although TWRP had flashed it to a A2017U(Us version) so I could install a US ROM as opposed to Chinese Rom.
I tried all the Stock ROM zip's and none worked. I ended up deleting the included ROM and could only get TWRP.

Numerous days and hours spent reading XDA, YouTube Vids and I was pulling my hair out.

Eventually I got it to work by downloading a 6GB TWRP image of B20 and the Stock Recovery image. I installed the TWRP Image to get an OS on the Phone then flash Stock Recovery for B20 on the phone.

From there I installed the ZTE B20 official ROM.zip which worked through the Stock Recovery which I flashed over TWRP. Once the ZTE official Stock B20U.zip was installed with Stock Recovery then this gave me OTA updates and was able to OTA all the way upto 7.1.1 which I'm now on.

It was a pain in the arse as I didn't really know what I was doing but have got 7.1.1 on the phone now it is a lovely phone.
Great Screen and the Stereo Speaker's are excellent..
Q is offline   Reply With Quote