Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Mobile Phone and Satellite Navigation Forum
login with facebook login with steam

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 11:49   #81
Q
Yee Ol Forum Pirate Ahhhh

Axon 7 turned up on 27th May.

Due to it having a Chinese ROM on and Google Play then the update on recovery and within the phone wouldn't work and was stuck on 6.01 MM B07.

So I got TWRP installed on it and then that's where the problems started. I unlocked the bootloader and then couldnt get anything to install via TWRP either. Although TWRP had flashed it to a A2017U(Us version) so I could install a US ROM as opposed to Chinese Rom.
I tried all the Stock ROM zip's and none worked. I ended up deleting the included ROM and could only get TWRP.

Numerous days and hours spent reading XDA, YouTube Vids and I was pulling my hair out.

Eventually I got it to work by downloading a 6GB TWRP image of B20 and the Stock Recovery image. I installed the TWRP Image to get an OS on the Phone then flash Stock Recovery for B20 on the phone.

From there I installed the ZTE B20 official ROM.zip which worked through the Stock Recovery which I flashed over TWRP. Once the ZTE official Stock B20U.zip was installed with Stock Recovery then this gave me OTA updates and was able to OTA all the way upto 7.1.1 which I'm now on.

It was a pain in the arse as I didn't really know what I was doing but have got 7.1.1 on the phone now it is a lovely phone.
Great Screen and the Stereo Speaker's are excellent..
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:34   #82
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanSWardle View Post
I ordered and she has had it today for her birthday
Lovely phone, very quick, lovely screen, its better to be fair than my Iphone

HOWEVER - help / advise is neeeded, She is on pay as you go, this morning she has just under £10 credit, she has just come home now and has just over £3

She has hardly used the phone but her credit has dropped loads and the battery, something which every review says is solid, has run from 100% at 0900hrs to 21% now !

How do I find out whats eating battery and credit ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boink! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I've read on some phones that the battery stabilises after 2-3 discharges. As for DATA then go into settings for Google Play Store and select only update over WiFi. I have mine set just to notify and never to auto update. No point updating integrated apps I'm never going to use.
Still having issues and I guess its down to my lack of knowledge of android phones,

I cam home last night and wife had phone on charge in kitchen, I checked, it was 100% so I unplugged it

Came down at 8 this morning and she has it back on charge, checking the phone had lost 12% of its battery just sat on kitchen worktop

Im guessing phone may be faulty, are gearbest ok with issues ?

Having a google I see all sorts of mentions regards flashing, stock roms and the like, but means nothing to me, the phone is as was day we got it, no idea what operating system it is, just presuming its android

Last edited by DuncanSWardle; 10-07-2017 at 10:38.
DuncanSWardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 13:43   #83
Q

Quote:
Still having issues and I guess its down to my lack of knowledge of android phones,

I cam home last night and wife had phone on charge in kitchen, I checked, it was 100% so I unplugged it

Came down at 8 this morning and she has it back on charge, checking the phone had lost 12% of its battery just sat on kitchen worktop

Im guessing phone may be faulty, are gearbest ok with issues ?

Having a google I see all sorts of mentions regards flashing, stock roms and the like, but means nothing to me, the phone is as was day we got it, no idea what operating system it is, just presuming its android
Are you saying it lost 12% overnight as that's pretty typical..

If you go into battery it will tell you how long it's been running on Battery and what is using the battery.

Last edited by Q; 10-07-2017 at 14:10.
Old 10-07-2017, 16:09   #84
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Quote:
Are you saying it lost 12% overnight as that's pretty typical..

If you go into battery it will tell you how long it's been running on Battery and what is using the battery.
wow, 12% is typical, when just sat there, not being even touched, so no screen etc ?

was of impression this would have fairly good standby battery, my 2 year + old iphone probably only looses 2% or so overnight if that
Old 10-07-2017, 19:35   #85
Q

Quote:
wow, 12% is typical, when just sat there, not being even touched, so no screen etc ?

was of impression this would have fairly good standby battery, my 2 year + old iphone probably only looses 2% or so overnight if that
I'll test my InFocus overnight. Look in the battery option and it will show you what it uses.. Did you get the Lenovo ZUK Z2?

Maybe not typical but I wouldn't see it as a fault.

Last edited by Q; 10-07-2017 at 19:37.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28   #86
Q

I did a test last night. Alarm Set and Data turned on. My InFocus lost 10% over 7hrs overnight..

I did have a Moto E that lasted 21 days and was still on 3%.

It had Data turned off and Display at its lowest and just the Alarm was used some days. It still lasted 21 days though..

If your wife is just using it as a phone then turning off the Data will increase the battery life.

Last edited by Q; 12-07-2017 at 07:31.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:58   #87
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Cheers.
Silly question but will the operating system on the phone be always up to date ? I see various posts online about them not being "official"
Old 13-07-2017, 06:19   #88
Q

Quote:
Cheers.
Silly question but will the operating system on the phone be always up to date ? I see various posts online about them not being "official"
It generally depends.. If it's a Global version then you tend to get OTA updates... But to be honest I've never got OTA updates on a Chinese phone but I haven't had a global ROM.. I flashed the ZTE Axon 7 I had turning it from a Chinese version to US version and then installed the official US ROM and I got all the OTA updates..

Just one issue. Neither of the SIM Cards work. I could look into it but I'm using it as a media player as opposed to a phone and everything else works so decided against fiddling more.

Have a look on here ( https://zukfans.eu/community/forums/...m-releases.16/ ) what's the latest official ROM or on the Zuk website.

Last edited by Q; 13-07-2017 at 06:24.
Old 13-07-2017, 06:37   #89
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Cheers
I think I'll just see how she gets on with it.
Really appreciate your help and support
Old 13-07-2017, 09:28   #90
Q

Quote:
Cheers
I think I'll just see how she gets on with it.
Really appreciate your help and support
If she's justing using it as a Phone, turn the data off, set display brightness to Auto and it'll extend the Battery life. Just put WiFi on when needed and same with Data. That will extend it abit.

Also I think it came with Android 6.0.1 which is fine if u don't want the latest all dancing stuff.
The InFocus I'm typing this on is still on 5.1 but fine.
Old 13-07-2017, 18:05   #91
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Thank you
Old 13-07-2017, 18:18   #92
DuncanSWardle
Trusted User

Quote:
If she's justing using it as a Phone, turn the data off, set display brightness to Auto and it'll extend the Battery life. Just put WiFi on when needed and same with Data. That will extend it abit.

Also I think it came with Android 6.0.1 which is fine if u don't want the latest all dancing stuff.
The InFocus I'm typing this on is still on 5.1 but fine.
Just gone to check it now and it has zero power. Will not switch in

So asked her how often it happens. Seems the other night was an anomaly as she says she can go two to two and half days without needing to charge it.
Old 14-07-2017, 06:33   #93
Q

Quote:
Just gone to check it now and it has zero power. Will not switch in

So asked her how often it happens. Seems the other night was an anomaly as she says she can go two to two and half days without needing to charge it.
When it's flat. A Good 2 amp charger will get it to switch on when plugged in. I've had phones that won't charge with a low amp output when flat. The same can apply with certain USB leads.